The Aereal

Friday, December 02, 2005

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (second gig)


Ghost in the Shell (the tv show) also know as the anime show that made me read a book, is back for a second season. The first thing I noted was: Produced by the Ghost in the Shell committee, this indicated to me some kind of loss of funding, what I think is very common in anime shows. The second thing I noted was a significant decreased in the animation quality, that went from a fairly realistic approach to the more "classic" anime look in the character designs and backgrounds. Is a shame that an outstanding show like this both in animation and content gets a character doing a monologue with a 2 frame animation. But regardless of that the second episode "Night Cruise" delivers an excellent character driven plot orbiting around a lonely "Notes from the Underground" kind of character that reminded me why Ghost in the Shell is such a good show and so different from anything else on animation or even tv.

Made me read a book?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home